Relocating To The UK

London phone box and bus

At this time of the year parents will be considering school options for their children and companies and individuals may be looking to relocate to the UK.

Gherson can advise and assist with all types of UK immigration matters. We deal with all visa categories and can provide specific immigration solutions suited to your individual requirements. Below is a basic structure of the UK visa categories (although this list is not exhaustive).

Tier 1 Investor visa:

Suitable for foreign investors with a minimum of £2 million to invest in the UK.


Tier 1 Exceptional Talent:

This route is suitable for highly skilled individuals in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, the arts and digital technology who will enrich the UK’s knowledge economy and cultural life. You must be internationally recognised as having made significant contributions as a leader in your field or having demonstrated potential to contribute significantly as a future leader in your field.


Innovator/Start-up visa:

This category is for non-EEA nationals wishing to set up a business in the UK. To qualify, applicants must first obtain an endorsement from an approved endorsing body. These include leading organisations and higher education institutions.


Representative of an Overseas Business visa:

Covers individuals acting as the sole representative of an overseas company who intend to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK.


Tier 2 visa:

This route enables UK employers to sponsor nationals from outside the resident workforce to fill particular jobs which cannot be filled by settled workers.


Tier 4 visa:

Includes all international students coming to the UK to attend a course of study, from grade school to post-graduate study. This also includes a parent accompanying their child to the UK where that child is enrolled in a UK day school. Most educational institutions will sponsor international students. Acceptance on a course of study is required before an application can be made.


Tier 5 visa:

Includes temporary workers such as: Creative and Sporting, Charity Workers, Religious workers, Government Authorised Exchange, International agreement and Seasonal Workers (a 2 year pilot scheme).


Please contact us should you wish to discuss your matters in detail.